Monday, February 22, 2016

Rolling Into Roland Land

Image from Roland Corporation
I am the happy owner of a new Roland HP506 digital piano.  After several years without anything more than a work station keyboard, it's thrilling!

Yes, I do wish I had the space and the cash to add a Steinway 5'4.  However, I can't believe how good my Roland is.  I've run through Bach, Mozart, Schumann, torch songs - everything works.  Nice too is the fact that it will never need tuning in the humidity of Florida and it weighs 100 lbs (not 475 lbs like its predecessor).  Both the keyboard and the pedal system are responsive and the weighting of the keys is right.

I haven't even played around with the other sounds because I'm happy right now in piano-land.

I have no business relationship with Roland or with the dealer from whom I purchased the instrument.  I just want to let folks know that it's time to give instruments like this a second look.  It's a long way from the older keyboards that made you wonder when the rest of the band was going to show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment